As the Environmental Protection Agency continues to terminate the employment of hydrofluorocarbons like R22 or R134A, the food process business is popping to prepackaged refrigeration instrumentation. Why? These low-charge chillers use ammonia or carbon dioxide and a secondary refrigerant to supply a safer technique for refrigeration.
In last week’s post, I made public the advantages of victimisation low-charge prepackaged refrigeration instrumentation. However, there square measure many various kinds of these systems. The system best suited your facility is dependent on what percentage heaps of refrigeration you wish and at what temperature. (If you’re unsure, reach bent your prepackaged refrigeration instrumentation supplier for clarification).
Below square measure 5 kinds of refrigeration systems that may be incorporated into low-charge prepackaged refrigeration equipment:
Thermoelectric Cooling: a more in-depth Look
1. Recirculation system — A recirculated system utilizes a centralized refrigeration machine area wherever pumps recirculate swollen, cooled liquid from a vessel. Typically, excess liquid refrigerant is provided to the evaporators (cooling coils) to extend heat transfer within the evaporators. If there’s excess liquid fed to the evaporators (known as overfeed) it’s carried back to the vessel within the suction line (known as wet suction).
2. Direct enlargement (DX) system — A DX system uses the pressure differential provided by the refrigerant compressors to maneuver room-temperature, hard-hitting liquid from the centralized refrigeration machine area to the evaporators. The refrigerant is swollen, and thus cooled, directly at the unit. Typically, the liquid is fed to the evaporator at a rate that permits the refrigerant to evaporate thus there’s usually no liquid found within the suction line (known as dry suction).
3. Cascade system — A cascade system uses a mix of 2 centralized refrigeration systems (secondary refrigerant) to figure in unison to supply cooling to evaporators. The high-temperature cooling (usually ammonia) pulls heat removed from the lower-temperature cooling. The lower-temperature cooling (usually CO2) usually uses recirculated liquid to supply cooling to the evaporators.
4. Distributed system — A distributed cooling uses localized refrigeration systems settled close to the evaporator to stay the refrigerant charge lower. every evaporator has its own compressors and condensers.
5. Secondary system — A secondary refrigerant system uses a centralized cooling to sit back giant amounts of a secondary fluid (also referred to as secondary brine or glycol). The secondary fluid is then pumped up bent every air handling unit. Primary refrigerant doesn’t leave the machine area, therefore the refrigerant charge is decreased and therefore the risk of exposure to plant personnel is greatly reduced.
To learn additional regarding low-charge prepackaged refrigeration instrumentation, transfer our prepackaged Refrigeration instrumentation Buyer’s Guide.
Stellar could be a absolutely integrated firm centered on designing, design, pre-construction, construction, refrigeration, mechanical & utility, building envelope, and total operations & maintenance services worldwide.